July 30, 2018
Self-care is one of the most important things and something NONE of us makes time to do enough of.
I have put together a list of my top 10 self-care tips…
- Drink water
- At the very least 8 glasses a day for a woman and 10 for men. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you need more – so at least 9 glasses. Mix it up by adding some fresh fruit or herbs like mint to your water and drink one glass before every meal.
- Practice your pelvic floors.
- They are an absolute must for ALL women and I recommend exercising them every day. Read more on your pelvic floor here
- 30 minutes of exercise each day.
- This doesn’t mean you need to sweat it out, the best way to tackle things is to mix it up. Swimming, yoga, walking, and running are all good options. Change things around between low and high intensity. The most important part is to move and make sure you enjoy it
- The amount of sleep we need varies between individuals, but for the most, adults aged between 26 and 64 should be getting between 7 to 9 hours each night. Getting a good night’s sleep is important for our mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Eat well
- Make sure you plan your meals and stock up your fridge and cupboard. This will ensure you also always have that go to meal in the cupboard/fridge or freezer ready for you! Grab yourself some healthy snacks and keep them with you – nuts are a great option for that go to, on the go snack!
- Say no
- You can totally do it! And it is OK to do it too. If it means more time for you to have you time, family time or just time in general then do it. No need for explanation or justification. It is truly ok!
- Ask for help
- This one can be just as hard if not harder to do that saying no. but just as above… it is ok. It is important to make sure we get the support we need.
- Catch up with friends
- Make that time. Go on – set up a catch up with your friends!
- Take yourself somewhere…
- Beach, mountains, your favourite spot. Get away from the hustle and bustle, even if that means a 10-minute drive. There are no rules except make it for you!
- Make time just for you
- Quiet coffee at your favourite café or time on the couch with your book, take yourself to a movie or maybe a manicure. Put time aside, put it in your calendar and lock it in. You are worth it!